Smart Technologies is a leading provider of infrastructure, managed IT services and software solutions. We are seeking a highly motivated and customer-focused individual to join our Software Development Services team as a Business Analyst.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in gathering and documenting business requirements from client stakeholders to ensure the successful development and implementation of software solutions. In this role, you shall join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and will collaborate closely with various stakeholders to elicit, analyse, and document their needs and expectations, providing clear and comprehensive requirements to our software development team. The selected candidate shall be responsible for the following areas of responsibility, including, but not limited to the below.
- Capturing requirements and specifications through close collaboration with both clients and internal stakeholders and document them in a clear, coherent, and intelligible manner for a non-technical audience.
- Assist developers during release cycles with clarifications of tasks/requirements including proper software release management and change management.
- Analyse, develop and implement testing procedures and documentation including release documentation and other information as required.
- Understand business requirements to write acceptance criteria/technical criteria to be consumed by developers through the release cycle to help development throughput.
- Provide detailed technical advice and guidance including a support channel to internal/external clients.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbally and in writing) technical information at an appropriate level and in a suitable style, having assessed the audience.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computing or in a related/relevant discipline at MQF Level 6 (or equivalent) or appropriate comparable qualification.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is essential for effective communication with clients and the team.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working as a Business Analyst, with a focus on requirements gathering and documentation.
- Proven ability to convert user requirements into technical requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, analytical mindset, and attention to detail are highly valued in this role.
- Proficiency in requirement management tools and methodologies (e.g., JIRA, Agile, Scrum).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong time-management skills
- Relevant certifications are a plus.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- A supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Opportunity for career advancement within the company.
How to apply
If you are ready to embark on an exciting journey and become a valued member of our passionate team, please submit your updated resume and a cover letter highlighting your interest in the role and your relevant skills and experience. Smart Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.